RULES & FAQ
Submission of photographs / specifications
- Online submission format: JPG.
- Minimum picture size: 200K
- Maximum file size: 2MB
- All finalists images must be available for re-submitting in their original size. All finalists will be required to re-submit the originals in RAW, JPEG or TIFF format at 300dpi.
- The submission phase takes place between October 1st and October 25th, 2021. Photos must be submitted during this period. All times and dates are in AEDST.
- Photographers may submit photos to every category.
- Due to limited server capacities we suggest submitting in advance of the deadline to avoid dropouts.
Rules of Entry
- The contest is ‘open submission’.
- To register and enter this contest you have to agree to these Rules and Regulations.
- Only the photographer can submit his or her images. Images may not be submitted by a third party on behalf of a photographer.
- All images must be submitted through the official competition website.
- Professional and amateur photographers may submit.
- Photographs may be submitted by photographers from any country in the world.
- Entries may only be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry.
- Submitted photos may have been previously published.
- Entry is open to people over the age of 18 in Surf, Skate, Shot On Mobile, Lifestyle, Travel, Music and Student.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or agencies or companies associated with the conduct of this Promotion, are ineligible to enter.
- A fee of $5 AUD will be charged per image entered at the time of entry, this applies to all categories.
Frequently asked questions
Why am I unable to upload my images?
- If you can’t upload your images please check the format and file size of your image.
- You can only upload JPGs. JPG is a compression format that reduces file size. You cannot submit TIFFS, RAWs or similar.
- Please make sure not to exceed the maximum file size of 2MB
- If you still can’t submit, the file might be damaged. Try to open it on your computer and see if any errors occur.
What size does my image need to be?
- Between 200K and 2MB
Can I submit RAW files?
- No. RAW files and other formats must be converted to JPG and meet all other submission criteria. All images must be available for re-submitting in their original size. All semi-finalists will be required to re-submit the originals in RAW or tiff format at 300dpi.
Can I send in film images?
- No. All film prints and transparencies must be scanned at high resolution and delivered digitally. Scan your images in high resolution with 300dpi and compress to 2MB before uploading. No prints will be accepted.
How many images can I submit?
- You can submit as many entries as you’d like, however for all categories the entry fee will need to be paid for each entry.
Will my images be used for advertising?
- No it will not, the images will be used for PR and Marketing purposes surrounding the Monster Children Photo Competition – you can read about in the Terms and Conditions below.
Who will be Judging? How do I know that it will be judged fairly?
- Guest judges include Rachel Knepfer (Music), Derek Henderson (Travel), Ray Potes (Life), Evan Mock (Shot On Mobile), Surf (John Respondek), Skate (Ryan Allan) in conjunction with Chris Searl and Campbell Milligan, the founders of Monster Children will be judging all categories, all imagery will remain anonymous to the judges.
Monster Children 2021 Photo Competition Terms and Conditions
- Information on all elements of The 2021 Monster Children Photo Competition (‘Promotion’) from Submission, Entry, Finalist, Prizes and any representation of finalist names and images form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Promotion will signify acceptance of all terms and conditions.
- Promotion commences at 12:01am October 1st (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) and ends at 11:59pm on 25th October 2021 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) (“Promotional Period”).
- The participant agrees to provide correct, current and complete information relating to their participation in the promotion.
- Entry is open to people over the age of 18. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or agencies or companies associated with the conduct of this Promotion, are ineligible to enter.
- Monster Children Pty Ltd (ABN: 69105337308 ) (‘Promoter’) takes all care but no responsibility to ensure that all entries are received and processed. The promoter will be in no way responsible for any entry not being processed due to a technical fault, omission or any oversight.
- All entry processing, finalist shortlisting, and judging co-ordination will take place at the office of the Promoter, 6 Australia Street, Camperdown. NSW. 2050.
- Any photographs entered by the participant can be modified by the promoter.
- Official sponsors of the Promotion (‘Sponsors’) include: Slow & Low, Sun Bum, PUB Beer, Quiksilver, Dometic, Boost Mobile and G-Shock
- By participating and uploading a Photograph, the participant confirms:
- That he / she agrees to not submit any photographs of a pornographic or illegal nature and that the Promoter reserves the right to disregard any images of such a nature
- That he / she is the sole owner and copyright owner of the photograph
- That he / she has permission from anyone pictured within the content
- That he / she gives the Promoter and all associated Sponsors of the Promotion and its associated agencies permission to use their name and/or photograph for promotion, marketing or other purposes to promote their involvement with the 2022/23 Monster Children Photo Competition during the promotional periods, across all digital media. Any usage beyond this context will only proceed with further correspondence and formal written permission granted by the Photographer.
- The Promoter is in no way responsible for ensuring that any photograph submitted meets the qualifying criteria outlined above.
- Participants can enter a photo in one or more of the following categories: Travel, Lifestyle, Music, Shot On Mobile, Surf, Skate, and Student.
- There is no limit to the number of photographs a participant can enter. Entry fees must be paid for each photo entered.
- A participant can enter different photographs across each category or can also enter the same photo within multiple categories, e.g. Music and Surf, however, entry fees will need to be paid for each entry into each category.
- Entrants can submit photographs to the Promotion from 12:01am on 1st October 2021 to 11:59pm on the 25th October 2021 (AEDST)
- All shortlisted and winning images will be selected by the guest judges within each category in conjunction with Chris Searl and Campbell Milligan based on criteria including, but not limited to; originality, technical skill, subject, creativity, appropriateness for the entered category and relevance to Monster Children’s aesthetic.
- The Promoter and judge’s joint decision is final and no further correspondence; discussion, compensation or debate will be entered into in regards to the outcome of the decision.
- This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the competition.
- The winner of the Travel, Shot On Mobile, Surf, Skate, Lifestyle, Student and Music categories will receive $5,000 AUD prize money
- The winners of the respective category prizes and overall 2021 Monster Children Photo Competition will be announced at the awards event (TBC due to COVID-19) in Sydney and Los Angeles in November/December (final dates TBD).
- All finalists will be notified via email that they are a finalist on November 6th, 2021 with the winners being announced at The 2021 Monster Children Photo Competition events in Sydney and Los Angeles.
- All costs associated or arising in connection with the Prize are the responsibility of the Prizewinner.
- All Prizewinners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed, photographed and filmed.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- The information provided by an entrant to the promotion may be used by the Promoter in accordance with the following:
- Communication via the Promoter’s email newsletter ‘The Monster Children Newsletter’
- As part of contests, invitations and loyalty programs to communicate with finalists and winners by the Promoter.
- Communication regarding future ‘Monster Children Photo Competitions’ or contests.
- The promoter will not share data captured with Sponsors, or 3rd parties.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry/voting process.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, infringes third party intellectual property rights, is misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter or Sponsors. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- It is a condition of accepting any prize that the winner may be required to sign a release of liability in a form to be determined in the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
- Collection, use and disclosure of information: The Promoter (“we”, “us”) collects the information that the entrant (“you”) choose to provide to us – for instance by providing us with information by entering into a promotion (including this Promotion) that we are conducting. We adhere to privacy legislation by only using your personal information for the purpose it was collected or consented to be collected (for instance by agreeing to separate terms and conditions), and for directly related secondary purposes. By entering the Promotion, the Promoter and its related entities may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to you, including sending the entrant electronic messages. For websites you visit in connection with us, the collection, use and management of your personal information while visiting the websites may be governed by additional privacy policies and terms and conditions. You should consult the website and its host for more details.
- By providing information in connection with this competition, each entrant grants to the Promoter and all Sponsors, a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable, absolute and irrevocable license, right and permission to use, re-use, publish, re-publish, publicly display, perform, transmit, exhibit, and reproduce the information including any photograph entered as part of this Promotion, the entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, statements, video, voice, photograph, or other likeness, in whole or in part, individually and/or in conjunction with other material, including without limitation, text, photographs, or images, in any medium (whether now known or hereafter invented) and for any and all purposes, including but not limited to publicity, promotion, packaging, and trade, throughout the world without restriction as to manner, frequency, or duration of usage, but only in connection with this Promotion (which, without limitation, includes the Promoter and all Sponsors’ websites and Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube) pages used in connection with the Promotion). Each entrant consents to any infringement of their moral rights.
- Each entrant agrees that their name, address, e-mail address, statements, video, voice, photograph, or other likeness may be used with whatever visuals, copy, or other elements the Sponsors may determine, in its sole discretion, for all media usage (including, but not limited to, usage on the Internet), but only in connection with this Promotion (which, without limitation, includes the Promoter’s and/or the Sponsors’ websites and Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube) pages used in connection with the Promotion). Nothing herein shall obligate the Sponsors to use the entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, statements, video, voice, photograph, or other likeness.
- Each entrant represents and warrants that they have the right to grant The Promoter and Sponsors the above-mentioned rights without obtaining the permission of, or making any payments to, any third party or entity. Each entrant hereby waives any right they may have to inspect and approve the finished product and the publicity copy that may be used, and hereby release and discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsors and its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, and any designees, including without limitation, the Sponsors’ licensees, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including without limitation attorneys fees) and expenses arising out of or in connection with any use granted hereunder, including but not limited to any claims for defamation, invasion of privacy, right of publicity or copyright infringement.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and the Sponsors (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s, the Sponsors control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change or amend any of the Terms and Conditions outlined above with adequate and fair notification to all participants involved in the promotion and in no way is held responsible for any consequential actions stemming from these changes.