SO THERE’S THIS BAND CALLED PORTUGAL. THE MAN. WE’VE BEEN FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO SUPPORT THEIR CURRENT TOUR OUT HERE FOR CORONA EXTRA. WE’VE HUNG OUT WITH THEM A BUNCH AND THERE’S A FEW THINGS WE’VE DISCOVERED ABOUT THEM.
They’ve never said no to a beer in the 30 days they’ve been here, they’re never not doing something, cliff jumping, rope swinging, sky diving maniacs. You’d think that playing up to 3 shows a day, you’d be relatively relaxed on the down days, not these guys. They’ve been playing hotel rooms, mini vans and just downright won’t sit still. Haven’t seen them yet? Catch the remaining tour dates here.
We asked them to let us know what their 7 Things they couldn’t tour without were. Here are the resulting answers and accompanying images.
1. The Lords of Portland – Shit ain’t EZ. Bring a friend. Like Kanye says “The Lords of Portland are, like, soooooo fucking the best.”
2. Brock Fetch and Maclay Heriot – Photos or it didn’t happen. Make sure your photographer is a photographer, stupid. Look right. Rules for life
3. Recording equipment – Life is hard. Tour hard. Record hard. Rock hard. Sleep none. Courtesy of your Yung Advisorz.
4. Clothes for every climate – A wise manchild once told me “Ya gotta have style before ya learn to ride.” When traveling the world be sure to pack sick shorts and a dope jacket. Shoe Game. Retail Game. Don’t regret your pack.
5. Fisherman’s friends – It’s a thing. Just put it in your mouth. To quote the late great Alanis Morrisette “Isn’t it erotic?”. Yeah, I really do think.
6. Frances – Family first. Parties second. The only rulez of the road. O’Doyles Rule.
7. Gumption – Don’t leave home without it. Also, the definition of choade is regional. Relax. Don’t find yourself on the wrong side of the debate.